How to even start with this wedding… I’m a little at a loss for words!
Sarah & Dusty were incredibly laid back (they chatted each other up minutes before Sarah got into her dress – and still had an amazing first look!) and really made the day a reflection of everything they cherish. Including theme songs from their favorite movies, decor styled around their favorite books, and their first dance to none other than Queen’s “Somebody to Love”. Sarah and Dusty are cooler than I’ll ever be, and I’m totally okay with it.
Dusty was kind enough to provide our readers with some tips for pulling off such a great day and I am so pumped to share them with you!
- Find a photographer you’re comfortable with and that will be there to capture the best moments
- Get a good idea of what your DJ likes to play. We lucked out by having our DJ play at another wedding, and we found that he could read the room well and know when to change the style of music. So many weddings fall flat because no one is dancing. Get popular songs, get people dancing, and have fun!
- Don’t worry about the small hiccups. No matter how organized and thorough you are, there will ALWAYS be a hiccup or two. Let them slide by, they won’t be memorable.
- Try to meet your guests a day or two early, if possible. Family that is coming in from far away might be there early, so try to spend as much time seeing them. Your wedding day will be a blur of smiling faces and eager guests.
- Eat the dessert. We had an entire table of snacks and we both forgot to eat any of them until the next day (we were dancing machines!). Luckily our caterer was fantastic and saved us a few slices behind the kitchen.
- Be chill. Do everything in your power to remember, ALL of this planning is for a fun wedding. Try to enjoy it, you’ll wish the day would never end.
- Our wedding was a hurricane of smiles, messages of love and more hugs than I’ve ever had. Get ready to marry your best friend and make your world so much bigger, filled with so many loved ones. We had the perfect wedding, and we hope you do too!
Dusty and Sarah
The creative team
Ceremony Venue: The Celebration Farm
Reception Venue: The Celebration Farm
Floral Design: Hyvee
Caterer: Serenity Catering
Hairstylist(s): Katie Stewart – Corner Cuts (Waverly)
Makeup artist(s): Caity Schotter – Trio Salonspa
Save the dates: Minted.com
Cakes & Desserts: Serenity Catering
Music & Entertainment (Ceremony): Ultimate Entertainment – Darryl Anant
Music & Entertainment (Reception): Ultimate Entertainment – Darryl Anant
Second photographer: Chelsey Peck
Videographer / Cinematography: Ben Kruger
Bride’s dress: Pure Bridal (Stella York – 6501)
Bridesmaids dresses: Sorella Vita – Brides & Weddings (Manchester)
Flower girl attire: Brides & Weddings
Rings: Roth Jewelers (for Bride) & Manly Bands (for Groom)